Tuesday, June 2, 2009

WHAT??

So, I am checking my email today and I had one from Jackson's school. Not thinking much about it, I opened it.  

HOMEWORK!!!

That is what it was. A homework assignment for Jackson to do over the summer.  COME ON!!! School just ended. The last thing I need is a homework assignment that you know very well will be forgotten about until the day before school starts and then it will be a frantic rush to get it done. Plus, we all know that home science projects turn into mom (well, in our family dad because mom doesn't get it) homework. 

Can't I just have my summer? Nothing to worry about. Sleeping late (except when Jackson sets his alarm for 6 am so he can get his chores done before 7 so he has the whole day to play. I made sure the alarm was off last night!) Watching baseball. Swimming. Playing in the park. I do not want to be worrying about a science project! 

Granted, Kaylee and Chase got summer homework too but it was collecting as many box tops as they could. I do that anyway so that's easy. The hard part is dividing them up so that they are even.

So, I guess I will break the news to Jackson and let him know about his homework. I will try my best to convince him that if we get it done now we don't have to worry about it the rest of the summer. Then, hopefully remember one week before school starts that it still needs to be done. Then spend the rest of the week trying frantically to finish it so he can start the year off on the right foot. 


No comments: