That is what time the phone rang. Now, most of you know I am NOT a morning person. Also, if the phone rings before about 7 you realize something is not right. Well, this phone call was from the SCHOOL DISTRICT informing me that the school busses are running late.
LATE! We don't even ride the bus. Plus, school doesn't even start until 7:40. We are still asleep!(Well not anymore!)
I realize that for some parents this was an important phone call. But with technology today you would think that the district could have had the computer call only those who rode the bus and maybe called the junior high kids and elementary kids, that start later, at 7:00.
Now, maybe, if that call would have informed me that school was cancelled, I would have been only a little perturbed, rolled over and gone back to sleep.
6 comments:
Wow, where to start???
When I was young, my mom used to listen to Paul Harvey. In honor of this fine man, who recently passed away, let me tell you the rest of the story...
Teri needed to get up at 6:15 this morning, or so she told me last night. You see, it's my job to make sure she gets up in the morning, a task that is not very pleasant. So when the phone did ring at 6:26 am (yes, I failed in my one task), it was actually a good thing, because it got her out of bed only 11 minutes later than necessary. Part of the problem was the phone ringer - Jackson is much smarter than his mom, and changed the ring tone on our home phones to something that has crossed the line of annoying. I really don't care, but it bothers Teri that Jackson pulled a fast one on her. So that got things started...
At around 12:30 today, I called home to see how Teri was doing, and she is still fired up about this. I tried to reason with her (why, wouldn't I learn from experience not to do this??), and Teri's rationale for being upset is classic. She mentioned the Schramms in our ward, who only have an afternoon kindergarden student and how upset they must have been with the phone call. Then, she mentioned the Archibalds, whose high school student didn't even have school today. Surely they would be upset by the early morning wake up call? My response - CALL THEM AND ASK THEM IF THEY WERE BOTHERED!!! Did they have a blog entry about this? My guess is that only Teri is fired up, now going on 6+ hours since "the incident". I even told her to call the school district and complain, but I guess it's easier to complain to me.
Among other things, I have concluded that I love Teri very much and enjoy teasing her. In addition, it is obvious to me that Teri gets fired up about something every day. So, if this is "the one thing" for today, then I can assume that today must be going pretty well...
Jason
1. Yes -- I was supposed to wake up at 6:15 as it was my day to go into Chase's classroom but someone didn't wake me up. Would I have been as fired up if I had already been awake? Probably. It is just too early to have the phone ring, especially when the message doesn't apply to us.
2. This isn't the first time that this has happened. We once got a call at 8:00 a.m. on a Saturday from the same computer for something going on at Jackson's school. I actually did go into the office and let them know that the same message could have been sent at 10:00 or even Sunday night. It wasn't urgent enough to warrant an early Saturday call.
3. I enjoy my sleep and do not like to be interrupted and sometimes little things bother me. That's just the way i am! Glad Jason still loves me though!
I love that I hear both Jason's and Teri's voices when I read their comments. You guys are the best--very entertaining! Are you up to a game of Ticket to Ride?
(I admit I was also didn't like waking up to the phone call--but I think mine came after yours...maybe around 6:36...10 more minutes of sleep! You need to figure out how to get on the end for the call list. And if anyone could figure out how, it's you.)
We are always up for a game. maybe this weekend? Call me!
Thanks for the entertaining read this morning. It bright a smile to my face.
Brenna told me I had to check out this post, and I was not disappointed! Well done to the two of you. Exceedingly funny stuff!
Post a Comment