(We had decided to get a new tv for a Christmas present to each other but when I made that agreement I thought that we would have the old tv until then.)
SO we preceded without a tv in the bedroom and boy did I struggle. I like to go to bed around 9:30 and just watch the news and whatever else I can find until I am ready to go to sleep. I also like to have it on in the morning while I am getting ready.
Monday night, the Rockies game went into extra innings and I couldn't stay up any longer so I went upstairs to bed. Jason came up 15 minutes later and turned the radio on so he could listen to the end of the game. WHAT? Seriously? Stay downstairs and watch it and let me go to sleep. (Followed by if you buy me a tv you could watch it in bed instead of listening to it.)
So, I gave him an ultimatum. If there is not a tv in our room by Friday, I am going to go and get one myself and it may not be the tv you want. Well, the threat must of worked because he went and got one last night. How nice it was to watch the news in bed, followed by the Food Network, then Friends. Then, this morning as I was getting ready, Matt, Al and Anne were filling me in on the weather and happenings of the day.
I realize that I am not pioneer material. But we don't have fiddlers around the fire at night or the stars in the sky to keep me entertained. I just want to go and relax in my bed and watch tv before I fall asleep. So, Merry Christmas and thanks Jas for my early Christmas present.
4 comments:
I LOVE watching tv in bed. I love the food network and friends and the Today Show... we must be related :)
What a great husband!! Merry Christmas!
You are too funny! I'm glad you can be reunited with your T.V. again. :) Way to be tough Ter!
Let the record show that the tv was MUCH heavier than 100 lbs, EASILY 200 lbs if not more. And it was no fun to move off of the dresser, let alone put it back on!
I have long since concluded that if mamma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy...
Jason
Post a Comment