Sunday, July 27, 2008

GIRLS NIGHT

I really wanted to go and see Mamma Mia. Jason had NO desire and said that if I wanted to go I had to find someone else to go with me. Thank goodness for friends!! The movie theater was filled with GIRLS so it is probably good that Jason didn't go with me. The movie was great. I liked it more than I thought I would. I laughed through most of it. The music was great. Meryl Streep was great along with her sidekick backup sisters. The young girl had a great voice. The dads were cast perfectly --except for Pierce Brosnans voice which left a lot to be desired. The highlight was the very end when the credits were rolling. Seeing everyone in those 70s outfits singing ABBA songs was great. A must see for all women.

(Sidenote -- there were a few crude parts but for the most part it was just pure fun!)

Up next. I can't wait until Harry Potter in November and Twilight in December. I know Val will be the first in line to see Harry Potter. She will be camping out 3 days before it opens. I should probably include HSM 3 as I know I will be taking Kaylee and her friends to that opening day for Kaylees birthday!

Also, Breaking Dawn comes out on Saturday so I guess I will be reading for a few days!

3 comments:

Trenna said...

I do have to say that I enjoyed Mamma Mia once, but I don't ever need to see it again. It was a little too racy for my tastes. But I have to agree that this weekend will be a reading weekend. And I am so excited for Harry Potter and Twilight movies. Hopefully, I will be recovered enough to go opening day to those!!

Teri said...

So Trenna said it was too racy, but Teri only said it "had a few crude parts" - do I need to decide which movies the kids are allowed to see from now on???

Jason

Teri said...

You have to remember the plot. A girl is looking for her father and has narrowed it down to 3 guys who her mom slept with around the same time. It was no more racy than the Twilight series and Edward's lusting after Bella.