UPDATE -- Jay's body was found by a searcher today. He had fallen into a crevice about 70 ft. deep. He had water, food and insulin with him. There was no pain and suffering for him. While we are happy that they were able to recover his body and thankful to all those who have been searching for him, our hearts are sad as we think of his dear sweet family who lost their father and husband. We love you Jay!!
Saturday, August 2, 2008
Jay
My cousin Jay is missing outside of Salt Lake. He went hiking on Wednesday and hasn't been seen since. A lot of people are out searching for him. It is amazing how helpless you can feel when you are far away from family. Other than praying, there is not much I can do. The online news sites don't realize that I want a 15 minute update even if they haven't heard anything. Thank goodness for the gospel and the concept of eternal families. It is about the only relief we have at times like these. I pray for the safety of all the people searching in the scorching heat. We are hoping for the best but expecting the worse. I will keep you updated.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thank you for the update. I have been watching this on the news and stumbled across your blog. My prayers are with you and your family. So sorry for your loss
I'm so sorry that your family has to go through another loss. We were out of town until last night, so we hadn't even heard. How scary while the search was on, and what a sad ending.
Post a Comment