Thursday, August 14, 2008

I know I am a physcho!

I was watching the news today when the entertainment guy gave me some sad news.  Harry Potter 6 --which I have been looking forward to since July 2007 when HP 5 came out-- is not going to be released until July 2009.  I had Jackson all excited because I told him that I would go to the midnight release with him, even though it was a school night.  The new trailer for the movie came out a couple of weeks and we were excited to see it.  They are saying that the movie is ready but that they want to capitalize on the weekend that Batman opened because Batman did so well.  What is Thanksgiving week, chopped liver?  HP has always done well and made PLENTY of money for the execs.  I wonder if something else is going on.  Anyway, now I have to obsess over something else.  I guess Twilight does come out on Dec. 12th.  Watch the movie execs change that too!!

2 comments:

Trenna said...

I am so sad that they are waiting for the summer, but I guess that it would be better to not go see it with a two-week old.

I read somewhere that the company only had one big movie that comes out next summer and they thought they needed more so they moved HP.

SunValleyKid said...

Rumors are that "twilight" will now move up to thanksgiving weekend due to HP leaving that slot... "OH EDWARD" I can't wait to put a face with the name that haunts my sleep....