Thursday, August 14, 2008
The School Supply List
It seems like every year there seems to be ONE thing on the school supply list that is hard to find. I thought it would be the vis-a-vis pen only because I had no clue what that was. (It is an overhead pen for those who didn't know either.) Well, that ended up being the easy supply. We are in search of a desk atlas. You would think that every store has that. NOT SO! I have been to about 1o different stores and had no luck. Everyone has the big atlas but not the desk size one. We've searched, Target, Walmart, bookstores, office supply stores but with no luck. I decided to try online and found one that I can order for $150. Yeah right. So the search is still on. (You would think that if it was on the school supply list that some of these stores would put two and two together and order some for their store. But what do I know, I am only the person in search of one.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
In San Diego we used to get long lists of supplies, but they don't do that here in Utah. I had one teacher tell me it was against the law here for them to ask students to bring supplies. Then one day JR came home with a protractor that was photocopied and cut out of paper...not even cardstock.... Needless to say, I managed to dig up the $.50 to buy him an actual plastic one.... I would at least like the information so I could have the option of supplying my kids with the stuff they'll be using....
Wow, long comment!! I guess I have strong feelings about school supplies :)
Post a Comment