Jason is usually pretty good about fixing stuff around the house. What he can't do by himself, he will usually call his dad or ask a neighbor. He thought that our leaky toilet would just need a flapper replaced but as he started on the project he realized that it was a little more complex. We had a cracked tube. Our neighbor came over and looked at it and basically said "You better call a plumber!" So, Joe the plumber (and yes his name was Joe and he introduced himself by saying that his name is really Joe and he didn't need to hear any Joe the plumber jokes) and his worker bee came over to fix the toilet. I had them check our other toilets to see if they had the same problem (before they told me the cost). 2 of the toilets had the same cracked tube and the 3rd one was weak but not cracked yet so, of course, they wanted to fix all 3 for (sit down for this one) $300 bucks a toilet. What! $300 bucks, you have got to be kidding me. He nicely said that because we were having more than one toilet done that the 2nd and 3rd toilet he would do for $275 each. Oh how kind you are Joe. Knowing Jason, I knew that there was no way he was going to have the 3rd toilet fixed because technically the tube hadn't cracked yet so I gave them permission to go ahead on the 2. So Joe sits down at the table to do his paper work while his worker dude fixes the toilets. You and your friend come to fix the toilet and he does all the work and my guess is Joe makes more money than him. I want that job. So, 1 hour and 30 minutes later and $600 bucks poorer the work is done. The toilets work. No more running water. Just think if Joe would have worked on the 2nd toilet while his buddy worked on the 1st toilet they could have done it in 45 minutes. $600 for 45 minutes of work. I want that job!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I think you need to be fair to the plumbers. I am sure the part they had to replace was at least $2.00 and you did say you had two done. ;) Gald your toliets are fixed.
We should go into the plumbing business together...I call Joe's job!
Post a Comment