Friday, January 16, 2009

SPEAKING OF STUBBORN...

KACI   -  2 MOM -  0

The power struggle is on. Yesterday after she stayed dry for about 2 hours and had sat on the potty to no avail I decided that she was going to sit on the potty until she peed. For the first half hour she sat there and sang and talked alternating between the big potty and the little potty. Nothing came but I was determined to win -- my first mistake. So the tears begin and the screaming and the yelling and the fits.  For the next half hour she cried and cried but she was going to pee on the potty. Then, she starts falling asleep. I guess the crying wore her out but I was determined to have her go potty so I kept trying to talk to her but it was pointless. She was not going to do it and plus I had to take Jackson to baseball. So, I put a diaper on her and as I am walking out the door she says, "I wet mommy."   

Today after we got home from running to the store, I put her in underwear. She stayed dry for about an hour and would sit on the potty every 20 minutes or so but no pee. Finally, it was 1:00 so I used the nap as a bribe. "If you go pee in the potty you can watch a movie instead of take a nap." "YEAH!!"  So she sits on the potty for a long time, stalling I am sure, but still no pee. So we go upstairs and put a diaper on for nap time and she says ," I go wet mommy!" At this point I just laughed and said good night and came to the computer to vent. That little stinker is going to be the end of me. The other kids would at least pee and poop in the potty when they tried, it was all about helping them get to the potty when they had to go. She is just bound and determined to drive her mom nuts.  

I did take a picture of her asleep on the potty but she didn't have any clothes on so I chose not to post it.  

5 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tiffani said...

Sorry, I accidentally posted under Mark's account, didn't want you to think I was him. Anyways, HILARIOUS! Boy am I glad I'm out of this stage! The peeing on the dresser was my favorite part.

Kaylee said...

MINE TOO! I WAS ACTUALLY THERE WHEN IT HAPPENED! I REMEMBER WHEN SHE WENT ON JACKSON'S HEAD!!!

Lisa said...

Sorry it is a struggle Teri. It is all about control. You have to figure out how to give Kaci control over it. I know you have a deadline, but maybe give it a break for a few days and see what happens. Just ask me Katelyn took how long to potty train? So I know I am definetly not the expert, but I know the control part was my biggest mistake with her.

Alisa said...

Oh, Teri, I feel your pain. My oldest two were no problem- but my youngest two.......another story altogether! It was a bashing of two stubborn heads that went on for close to two years for each of them- but instead of having that make you sad- try what we ended up trying and they were each potty trained in one weekend (once we tried it)- HAVE THE DAD DO IT! It worked like a charm! :) And I didn't mind one little bit!