1. Potty Training! I HATE IT! Diapers are so convenient! You don't have to know where EVERY potty is in EVERY store. Yes, they are stinky and eventually, once the child gets the hang of it, the potty is easier. I just hate the in between time. I hate the fact that with Kaci we have a deadline. We are going on a cruise in March and she cannot swim or go to any of the classes unless she is potty trained. And when I say trained, it means they won't wipe butts, help put clothes on or remind a child that they haven't gone to the potty for awhile. I have been slowly trying for a couple of months now and I have gotten her to sit on the potty but nothing has happened yet. SHE IS A VERY STUBBORN CHILD! (I wonder who she gets that from?) Sunday I decided, since we have 1:00 church, to let her run around naked for a couple of hours after her bath. She sat on the potty many times to no avail. Later, she came to me and said "My dresser is wet." WHAT? She had climbed onto her dresser and peed. Now, tell me that that is easier than sitting on the potty. I have princess toys that she gets if she goes in the potty and she even tells me that she gets her jasmine toy if she goes on the potty but she still doesn't go. I am almost out of diapers and I have decided to not buy anymore. Miserable for me but if that is what it takes. I will get pullups for her to sleep in but I am anti pullup during the day, although I may cave when I have to take the kids somewhere.
2. I am a GRUMPY person when I don't get enough sleep. It is kind of a Gardner thing as my brothers and sisters are the same way. We can stay up and play Rook til 3 in the morning but ask us to get up at 6 am and hear the grumbles begin. Jackson is playing basketball for his school and a couple of times a week he has early morning practices. Which means he has to get up at six, eat breakfast and be ready for school and practice by 6:30. Luckily, he has a friend we carpool with but we still have to drive half of the time. I was up early enough to watch my neighbor leave for early morning seminary and thought, only 1 1/2 more years and he will have to be up at 5:30. (Kaylee even earlier than that so she can do her hair and makeup.) The other kids have to be up by 7 so even after he leaves its not like I can completely go back to sleep. Jason and I were supposed to switch mornings and today he did get up with Jackson but then came and started getting ready to go to work. (We don't have a door to our bathroom which was a BIG mistake when we bought this house, especially when he used to teach early morning seminary!) When I have to wake up for something in the morning, I don't sleep well because I am so afraid that I am going to sleep through the alarm plus Jason woke me up 3 times (half asleep) saying it was time to wake up Jackson. (12:15, 2:43 and 5:17 to be exact!) So, in a nutshell, if I seem crabby I probably am. Our diet coke bill will probably double over the next 6 weeks and Jason is paying someone to build a door in our bedroom or waiting until 7 to shower. Thank goodness the season is over the last week in Feb.
6 comments:
AMEN, AMEN, AMEN!!! You are grumpy when you don't get enough sleep (I'm working late all this week, by the way)!
Jason
It must be a Gardner thing. I am soo GRUMPY if I don't get enough sleep. Now I can tell Matt it's genetic :)
Man, I am thinking it is a good thing I don't live by you right now!!! Ha ha ha. Good luck with Kaci, the dresser situation has me stumped.
If you think it is easier to Potty Train with two I can send Robert over. I hate potty training too.
Yeah, I don't know what to say....good luck?
I could help you with the sleep deprived part....bring Kaci over--but in a pull up :) I know Madison would love to play with Kaci again
I think there's going to be a lot of Diet Coke consumption going on at your house over the next few weeks.
Post a Comment