Sunday, January 25, 2009

Who would of thought . . .

that my most stubborn child would be my most easy to potty train.  Now, I am sure we will have rough patches going forward and I still put her in a pull up at church today (which was dry when we got home) but she is doing great. She figured out the #2 thing and other than waiting too long to go she has done great. (Unfortunately for dad it was him that had to clean her up.) She now just goes into the bathroom and does her duty.  

Our next lesson is that you take your pants and underwear off in the bathroom not wherever you are standing when you have to go.  

P.S.  For Tami and Faith  
We were at the mall on Friday and she had to go.  We went into Old Navy's bathroom and while she was on the toilet the automatic flush went off underneath her.  I didn't even check to see if the toilet was automatic.  Luckily, she laughed and thought it was the funniest thing ever and said "Do it again mommy!"  Whew!!!  

4 comments:

Laura said...

She had you scarred in the beginning of potty training, you have to admit. How great to have her trained. I won't even asked if you put toilet paper down on the seat.

Kaylee said...

I think she might of, Laura. : )

Tami said...

Hooray for Kaci. Glad you all survived.
Yes we still have a fear of auto-flushers.
You are lucky to have dodged that bullet.

Julie said...

We are potty training Nathan, too. He has done surprisingly well. He just had to figure out that he wanted to do it. It sounds like Kaci is doing well. This is my first experience... not too bad, but we're not out of the woods yet.