Thursday, April 2, 2009

Another Rant!!

I'll get back to the cruise pictures tomorrow but for today I needed to rant. We came home to a leaking dishwasher so I have been hand washing the dishes since Sunday. Fine, whatever. Sometimes that happens. We've been eating off a lot of paper plates and have eaten a lot of pizza as I haven't felt like dirtying up a bunch of dishes. Jackson even asked how you wash the dishes if you don't have a dishwasher. I'm glad you asked Jackson. Let me show you how we washed dishes when I was little. Not a happy face from that boy! 

Anyway, so the GE guy shows up today, fiddles around, runs a few cycles, pulls out his flashlight and declares that there is nothing wrong with my dishwasher and it isn't leaking now so it must have just been a one time thing. That will be $70 but if anything goes wrong over the next 30 days then you don't have to pay that fee again. WHAT! I knew that as soon as he left that I would have to call him back but said thank you and sent him on his way.  

I loaded the breakfast dishes that I had saved -- I wasn't about to do the breakfast dishes by hand if they could be put in the dishwasher a couple of hours later. Even though I didn't have a full load, I started the dishwasher. Not 10 minutes into the cycle, water comes leaking under the dishwasher. YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! I was not in a good mood. I called the service number and after 200,000 key prompts I was finally put on with a real live person who informed me that they would send someone out tomorrow between 8 and 12. My response was "Look, my time today was 8-12. It is 10:30 which is still in my timeframe. I am not sitting home all day tomorrow to wait. The guy should have fixed it the first time he was here.  He needs to come over and fix it TODAY!"  I used my nicest angry voice I had but I think the lady knew I was ticked. (Poor lady in Alabama who never met Teri in Colorado.) After being put on hold for what seemed like forever  --PLEASE DON'T MAKE ME TALK TO PYSCHO IN COLORADO I WILL BUY YOU LUNCH FOR A WEEK, I WILL WORK THANKSGIVING AND CHRISTMAS PLEASE JUST DON'T MAKE ME TALK TO HER -- "We will have a tech come today between 1 and 5."  Not exactly what I wanted to hear but at least it is today.  So here I am, stuck at home again, waiting for the dishwasher guy to come.  

So help me if he says nothing is wrong ...

UPDATE -- So the guy showed up at 2:15. He turned the washer on, no leak.  Another 5 minutes passes by .. no leak. I thought the guy was going to give up but I kept telling him to feel the towels that cleaned up the water spill. He could see some water under the dishwasher but I am sure he is thinking at this point that I threw water under the dishwasher just so I could get attention. Finally he decided to pull the dishwasher out. (Maybe you could have thought to do that this morning)  Lo and behold water was spraying up from the top. The top hose was cracked.  The pyscho lady was right. There is water leaking. So, another 150 bucks later the dishwasher is supposedly fixed and I no longer have to hand wash dishes.  Although, maybe I will tell Jackson it is still broken just so he can continue to do the dishes.

3 comments:

The Egglestons said...

So sorry to hear about the headache escapade! I hate waiting around for service techs and the huge time windows that they give. I am glad that they came back to fix it the same day and you, finally, have a working dish washer again. Hope it doesn't happen for a long time again!

Laura said...

Okay, didn't this happen a few years ago when we lived there? It is funny when our kids can't think of doing things the "old fashioned" way! I big sorry goes out to Jason because Teri has been cooped up in the house from 8-2:15.

Kaylee said...

JACKSON DID THE DISHES! AT LEAST ALL I HAD TO DO WAS EMPTY THEM!! AND TO THINK YOU WERE COMPLAINING TO ME ABOUT HOW HARD IT WAS!!!!