Monday, September 22, 2008

TO THE ZOO


So Kaci and I ventured to the zoo today with our friends Brenna, Maddie and baby Eliza.  For some reason Kaci was afraid of the animals.  She was afraid of them coming to get her.  She's been to the zoo before and hasn't acted like this.  While it got better towards the end because I would tap on the glass (yes I know you are not supposed to tap on the glass), she still was a little hesitant. It started with the bears.  I guess the tree thing kind of freaked her out.  I don't know.

She ended up caring more about her lunch than about the animals. Notice the chip hanging out of her mouth.  Lovely!
I am trying to take more pictures with my kids.  Most of you know I hate to have my picture taken so this is a huge step.  Notice how she is holding on to that lunchbox for dear life.  She doesn't want anyone to touch her food.
Here are Kaci and Maddie playing on the polar bear statue.  Did you catch that Kaci was kissing it?  Can you squirt hand sanitizer into mouths?
All in all it was a fun day.  Maybe next time we go Kaci will realize that the animals will not get you, except maybe the geese and they only attack if you have food.  I guess I should watch for that!

4 comments:

bfillerup said...

We had such a fun day at the zoo with you today! I can't believe you have already posted our zoo trip--I've only been home a couple of hours! You've got skills!!!

Teri said...

Kaci was asleep and I had a few minutes before the kids got home from school. I should have been doing laundry or cleaning the house but blogging seemed more fun. I'll post our girls trip once you send me the pictures!

The Egglestons said...

Wow! I am impressed with how on top of your blogging you are. I thought you were against hand sanitizer; j/k. Looks like it was fun!

Unknown said...

Teri, you and Kaci are so cute together!! I love keeping up to date with everyone with blogs. Yes I do have Bro. Esplin for D&C! AND I'm not trying to get extra credit by saying that I LOVE his class! He is so awesome!