At least I try to tell my kids that. I went to Albertsons with Chase and Kaci yesterday to do some grocery shopping. A nice lady was giving leftover Valentines Day balloons for free to all the kids who were there. She happenend to give Chase a HUGE (as big as he is) singing balloon. ("You're Still The One" was the song it sang over and over again!) Chase is loving this balloon. Our next stop was Costco. After we finished there, I opened the van door only to hear a "NO MOM" and to see the singing balloon fly up and away into the sky. Chase was crying and heartbroken and told me over and over again that he was going to be sad all during Kindergarten because his balloon flew away. He wanted to go back to Albertsons but it was almost time for school and I didn't really want to walk in and ask for another free balloon. That afternoon, I was buying balloons for a birthday party and I was telling the lady about my sad son. She said "I just deflated that balloon for next year. I'll blow it up for you and give it to you for half price." It was the best 5 bucks I ever spent. Chase was so excited to see it and said " You got me another balloon!" I am the coolest mom EVER!!!! (At least for today)
Saturday, February 16, 2008
I AM A COOL MOM
At least I try to tell my kids that. I went to Albertsons with Chase and Kaci yesterday to do some grocery shopping. A nice lady was giving leftover Valentines Day balloons for free to all the kids who were there. She happenend to give Chase a HUGE (as big as he is) singing balloon. ("You're Still The One" was the song it sang over and over again!) Chase is loving this balloon. Our next stop was Costco. After we finished there, I opened the van door only to hear a "NO MOM" and to see the singing balloon fly up and away into the sky. Chase was crying and heartbroken and told me over and over again that he was going to be sad all during Kindergarten because his balloon flew away. He wanted to go back to Albertsons but it was almost time for school and I didn't really want to walk in and ask for another free balloon. That afternoon, I was buying balloons for a birthday party and I was telling the lady about my sad son. She said "I just deflated that balloon for next year. I'll blow it up for you and give it to you for half price." It was the best 5 bucks I ever spent. Chase was so excited to see it and said " You got me another balloon!" I am the coolest mom EVER!!!! (At least for today)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I don't know if "cool" is the best adjective to describe you. Swindling a store clerk five bucks for a balloon sounds like a "slick" mom.
I love this story! Call me crazy but I saved your message on my cell phone of you telling me about this--because it makes me laugh...and I need something to make me laugh these days. You are the coolest mom around!
Post a Comment