Tuesday, April 15, 2008
Another Pet Peeve!
Now, I realize that I have issues but I had to vent. Today I took the kids to the park before Chase had school. The kids are playing and having a great time. It is beautiful today -- high 70s. A lady brings her dog to the playground -- no kids. Totally fine. Then she proceeds to talk to the dog saying that it is play time. The dog goes down the slide and runs around, which my kids found very funny. Then, the lady picks up her dog and puts it in the swing to give him a ride. To quote Enchanted, a popular movie in our house right now, "YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!!" Hello, that is a dog not a kid. The dog does not have to swing. The dog does not need to go down the slide. The dogs butt, that has not been cleaned or wiped after he has done his duty in someone's yard, does not need to be in the swing where my daughter is going to sit in next or the slide that she goes down. Animals are great and I realize that they become part of the family. But ANIMALS ARE NOT KIDS. They don't need playtime at the park. They just need some exercise, lots of love and a stick to chase after. BUT PLEASE, keep your dogs butts off of the SWINGS!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I am apologizing in advance for being nit-picky, but as an attorney I feel that I have a certain duty to pick apart my opponent's argument. That being said, here are a few thoughts on your comment:
1. How do you know the dog's butt isn't cleaner than, say, your butt? Maybe the owner does wipe the dog's butt after he deficates in the neighbor's yard. If the owner lets the dog play on the sides, it's certainly reasonable to believe that the owner also wipes the dog's butt.
2. I will now call you "Captain of the Obvious". For example, "Animals are not Kids" and "that is a dog not a kid".
3. Don't dogs need more than excercise, love, and a stick? Something like...food?
Sorry Teri, I hope I didn't go "over the top" on this one.
A corollary to my last post: would you be angry if the owner of the dog gave him a Diet Coke with a Lemon?
I can't believe it without pictures! WHERE ARE THE PICTURES??
Jason
I can't ask some random lady. "Excuse me, Can I take a picture of your dog for my blog?"
I spent good time getting an account just so I can say you are halarious. I had a great laugh and am still giggling. The question is "Are family dogs part of an Eternal family?"
I laughed so hard at this. Seeing things like this make me glad that Dave's swimmers did their job and we have a child to enjoy the park with. -Becca (actually Dave, putting words in Becca's mouth)
Post a Comment