Thursday, April 24, 2008
I may be losing it
One thing I am not good at is remembering names. I actually can remember faces but putting names with it is not a strength of mine. I know you thought I was perfect but SURPRISE I am not. Case in Point. Today at swim lessons this lady, whose face I did recognize, comes up to me and says "You got a new car." My mind starts racing to figure out where I know her from- (school, church, soccer, neighbor, baseball, relative, piano etc.) I have no clue who this lady is or how I know her. So out come the feeler questions. How are your kids? How did you hear about this swim school? (That got it narrowed down to the neighborhood.) I still don't know who this lady is and how I know her and now I have to go every week to swim and some how figure it out. I hate that feeling, especially when they remember your name. I do this all the time. I think I am losing it, although my kids and Jason would say that that has been happening for a long time. People will introduce themselves to me and 2 minutes later I have forgotten their name. So I guess next week I will keep asking the feeler questions until I can figure out exactly who this lady is. (Or maybe I will go and ask my neighbor Heather who knows everybody in the neighborhood and see if she can figure it out for me!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Or you could say, "Help me remember your name" GG
As Ryan would say, you probably know her from Sonic.
I love the comment Lindsay!
I just hope she doesn't read your blog...now that would be funny.
Post a Comment