Wednesday, April 2, 2008

San Diego - Day 4


Another Lazy Day!!  What would my sports addicted family be if we didn't visit Torrey Pines!

   And Qualcomm Stadium!!
And the Sports Museum at Balboa Park!  This picture is actually made of baseball cards. Jackson only stood in front of the Red Sox picture because he knew Grandpa Esplin would like it.  He is bound and determined to find a Yankees one.  The museum also had tonz of BYU stuff because of all the Holiday Bowls they have visited.  
Back at the beach.  This wave hit right as I snapped the picture.  It soaked Jason and Kaci.  Kaci was not too happy about it, but the kids LOVED it!! 
One of my favorite pictures.  The kids were chasing Kaci around the park and climbing trees and just having a good time!!
We also went into Old Towne and did a Mexican Resteraunt, which Jason really liked.  I am not a huge authentic Mexican person and it was a Pepsi resteraunt.  What mexican resteraunt serves Pepsi. Come on!! For those of you feeling sorry for Kaylee because of all of the sports arenas, golf courses etc. that we visited.  Don't fret.  Kaylee and I hit the mall that night and had a great time.  She picked out a cute (on sale) outfit at the Gap and enjoyed all of the window shopping at Limited Too.  (That place is expensive!)  This mall even had a Naartjie which is one of my favorite places for Kaci.  Jason was a little worried about it but I actually spent ZERO.  I know you are all shocked.  I did hit See's candy and got a bunch of those YUMMY suckers!! Another fun day in California!

4 comments:

Renae said...

I didn't think you would do real mexican food!! (I wasn't so worried about you, just the kids) The best in Old Towne is La Pinata and they have Diet Coke. Good Diet Coke. I am sure you would love the steak Fajitadilla (my fav) at La Pinata with a big tall Diet Coke. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it. Next time I'm giving you a list...or maybe I'll just come with you and give you the full tour.

Teri said...

Before Teri throws me under the bus for "making" everyone go to an authentic Mexican restaurant, it was called Old Town Mexican Cafe (or something like that), it came recommended by multiple sources in San Diego, and it was crowded (a sign that it was very good). The kids were very pleased, even Teri liked her food - is it my fault that they serve Pepsi instead of DC? Teri has this list of restaurants that serve Coke (and we only go off of the list), and I assumed that she would call ahead to see if the chosen restuarant served Coke. Or, her spider sense would go off as we entered the place and tell her if it was okay to enter. She did neither, so I thought we were good to go. WRONG!

It's all about the beverages...no matter how good the food turns out to be. Next time, I will recommend that Teri take a 12 oz. can everywhere she goes (like she sometimes does with lemons and diapers for Kaci) to prevent such an occurrence.

Just trying to defend myself,

Jason

Teri said...

Jason needs to get his own name and password to leave comments! I told you that the food was okay but not great. It sounds like we need to go with Renae and Mike next time to hit all the GOOD restaurants!!

Ryan Esplin said...

So, why didn't you go to Sonic? I hear it has good Diet Coke with real lemons,

(You threw me a softball, Teri)