Friday, March 7, 2008

HOLY CRAP!!

I was at the store yesterday.  I wish I could tell you about another killer deal but instead I am going to vent about EGG prices.  Our 18 count eggs were $5.49.  Now granted, they were on sale for BOGO  (buy one get one) so I am sure the grocery store chain jacked up the price even more but HOLY CRAP.  That is still $2.75 per container.  And what if you only wanted 1 container. What happened to the days that you could get eggs for $1.  With Easter coming, you know that the prices will only go up with demand.  "Hey kids. This year you each get to dye 1 egg and you have to pay for it out of your allowance. "  Milk has also skyrocketed  but we will save that rant for another blog!  

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I guess it is a trade off with the cereal sale. When should we come over to color eggs with you guys? I'll bring the dye if you buy the eggs...

Ryan Esplin said...

Maybe the chickens are conspiring with the Sonic employees to destroy Teri's life. Who's next, the cows?