Sunday, March 30, 2008

San Diego -Day 1

After catching a morning flight and waiting FOREVER to rent our car, we headed into San Diego to begin our vacation.  Thanks to a GPS system (the best money we ever spent) we found our hotel pretty easily.  Being Easter Sunday, we thought we would find a nice resteraunt to eat lunch at.  The kids spotted a Red Robin and decided that that is were they wanted to eat.  So much for my Easter Ham, instead it was an Easter hamburger.  Our hotel was right near the San Diego temple so we headed there after lunch.
If you have ever seen the San Diego temple, you know that it is one of the most beautiful temples.  A sweet missionary couple, who got stuck there on Easter, talked with the kids and showed them pictures of the inside of the temple.  The top has an open atrium that has plants and trees and the kids thought it was great that when it rains, it rains inside the temple and that birds fly around in there.
We then headed over to the ocean and drove along the shore.  We stopped at a place known as seal beach.  The seals lay on the beach all along this shoreline. It is actually quite fascinating to watch the seals bask in the sun.  
                                           A great start to a fun week!

5 comments:

Tami said...

I love your hair!

Renae said...

I think I'm gonna cry! Wish we were there too! I forgot to tell you that when we were at Seal Beach in October, a Seagull pooped on JR's sweatshirt. Yeah for hotels w/ free washer and dryer :)

Teri said...

Thanks Tami, I just got it cut.

Oh wait, you were probably talking about Teri.

Jason

Lindsay said...

I'm glad you had a good time. I can't wait to see all of the pictures and hear all of the stories!

Ryan Esplin said...

I'm confused. Why didn't you eat at Sonic? I hear the Diet Coke taste great.

Jason, your hair looks fantastic.