Thursday, October 30, 2008

BEING THE YOUNGEST

I find it interesting that Kaci and even Chase has discovered and done things that I never let my other kids do at their age.  Case in point.

Harry Potter came out in the theaters when Jackson was in kindergarten.  He had a couple of friends who were going (they both had older siblings) but we decided not to go.  Poor Jackson first saw Harry Potter when it came out on video.  He then started to read the books and Harry Potter Mania at our house began.  When the fourth one came to the theaters, it was PG-13.  My new rule became that if he wanted to see it in the theaters then he had to read the book first. That worked for Jackson and Kaylee, who joined us in the movie theater for #5.  Now Chase is into the books and movies and much to Kaylee's dismay he got to see #4 and #5 when they went to video even though he hadn't read the book.  (We heard the "It's not fair" argument many a times over that one!) Chase is almost done reading book 1 and is going to be Fred Weasley for Halloween.  (Noticed how he picked the class clown.  That ought to give you insight into his personality.)  The past few days I have been finding Kaci with Chase's wand saying  "Wingardium Leviosa!"  I had to chuckle that here my 2 1/2 year old has seen Harry Potter enough that she knows what to do when you find a wand and then what to say.  I am sure the kids are still thinking "THAT'S NOT FAIR!"  but it sure is cute! 


4 comments:

Trenna said...

Way, way cute Kaci.

Renae said...

We just don't have rules at our house...then we don't have the trouble of enforcing them.

Ryan Esplin said...

My parents let me do things that my older brothers were not permitted to do because I was a great child and could be trusted. In fact, I think my parents liked me better than my older brothers, another reason why I had so much leeway growing up. Sorry J, it's the truth,

Val Crosby said...

It was always the same rules at our house growing up I got NOOOOOO special treatment.

Mark