Monday, October 13, 2008

The reason we went to Utah


BYU football.  What fun it is to enjoy a game at Cougar Stadium.  Even better is when it is 40 degrees outside and we are in the loge.  What a great week to have the loge.  BYU didn't look so hot on the field though.  They better step it up or else TCU is going to stomp all over them on Thursday night.  Thanks Grandma for being so generous every year and to Dad for letting us have two of the coveted tickets!!

Here are Jason and I with Grandma and Don.
We have great views of the field and the mountains of Provo.
Here is my ice cream sundae but they weren't so great this year.  Trust me, there is no guilt eating it while everyone else is drinking hot chocolate just to keep warm.  The food people ran out of caramel so instead of putting extra hot fudge they just left it.  I was a little bitter (cuz i am never bitter about anything!)  First off, how the heck did you misjudge the caramel.  You have been serving these sundaes for years.  Second off, why not improvise, like put extra hot fudge sauce on and maybe an extra cherry.  Okay, I feel better now.  At least I had caramel with my apple that I had during the 1st half.
Jackson and Chase were supposed to have Grandpa Gardners outdoor tickets but Chase decided that it was too cold for him so Jackson sat with Grandma and Grandpa Esplin and Uncle Scott.  He had many layers on and drank a lot of hot chocolate.  He even texted us a picture of his super size hot chocolate.  We promptly texted him back with a picture of our ice cream.  He said the game was cold but fun. 

Well, at least BYU won.  Hopefully they will come alive again.  One of the few things I miss about living in Utah is the Saturdays spent at Cougar Stadium.  Those are good times!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wait a minute....I know Uncle Scott! :) Glad you enjoyed the loge and your ice cream!

SunValleyKid said...

Must be nice to be one of the chosen kids.... we got froze out of the loge this year.

Anonymous said...

I think you deserved to have no caramel...because I froze outside.