We convinced mom that it was okay to DVR conference and we spent the day as a family at Rocky Mountain National Park. The leaves were beautiful with the yellow leaves intertwined with the green pine trees. It was a great fall day with temps in the 50s and 60s. We went on a couple of hikes, packed a picnic lunch and drove to the top of the mountain.

Here we are on the first hike. It was fairly early so it was still a little chilly.
Here are some of the beautiful colors we enjoyed.

Our second hike was to the top of this waterfall. The kids did great on the hike and loved the waterfall. We did have to carry Kaci down to the bottom though.
It's elk mating season so elk were everywhere.

When we got to the top, it was snowing. Not just a little snow. A LOT OF SNOW! It was coming down hard. When we went into the visitor center, they let us know that they were going to close the road soon so we snapped a picture in the snow and headed to the bottom of the mountain. So much for the great views at the top.
We had a great day spending time together in the great outdoors. It reminds me how much I love fall and how beautiful our world is that Heavenly Father created for us!
7 comments:
Jason: That's it, you've clinched it. DVRing general conference? You are now the official blacksheep of the family. What's next: playing with your Blackberry during Stake Conference? Oh wait, you arleady do that...
As for the pictures of Elk mating, do you realize that I have clients in jail having taken similar pictures? You may want to act more discretely next time.
The elk were not mating but there are tons of them around because of the season. As for conference, my mom watched it that night and I read about it on the internet. Doesn't that count?
Let me respond here - are there Saturday sessions of conference? Who knew???
Jason
Hi Teri! I got your link from Mark & Val's blog. Your kids are getting so big!! I haven't seen you for a while...probably since Mark's wedding. Looks like you had fun with G-ma & G-pa Gardner. We went to the cabin this weekend in Island Park & I thought of you guys and all the times we went to Grandma Gardner's cabin. Fun times...
I paid 4% toward tithing and thought about attending Stake Conference...this is like reading about conference on the internet.
It looks like you guys had a great time! I am serious about coming out and enjoying an all exclusive trip to the Esplins. I am in need of some good shopping.
Looks like so much fun!! Besides the snow part. I agree with DVRing conference...good plan! Also, Teri I saw you driving out of the South Towne Mall parking lot on Wednesday and I waved but you didn't see me! I was so excited because I didn't expect to see you around here!
Post a Comment